For those of you who are counting, Easter season is fifty days where Lent is only forty. No, I’m not going to suggest that you give up wine or cookies for Easter, but now as a disciple who has spent the last forty days fasting, praying, and meditating here are a few ideas:
1. Let go of fear: A few hours after Christ dies, the apostles were holed up — cringing in fear for their lives. Fear holds one back from experiencing a new life. Let go of your fear of failure, loss of health, disapproval of others, and venture forth.
2. Open Your Eyes: Look for God in all things, in all people, and in all possibilities.
3. Cultivate signs of new life: Resurrect old hopes and dreams. Resurrect old relationships and bring life to others.
4. Share a meal: Christ knew there is no better way to get to know someone than to break bread and drink wine with them. Engage friends, family, and strangers. Who knows what will develop.
5. Bring New Life to others: Look for ways to bring new life and love to those in need. Spread God’s love.
6. Practice Gratitude: The more you focus on blessings, the more you are able to see new life and possibilities.
7. Invite God in: Easter doesn’t solve worldly problems or provide all answers. Hold the world’s pain up to God’s light, and invite him the answer.